The last time I shared a picture of this meal on my Instagram stories, I received SO MANY messages throughout the night asking if I would share the recipe! At the time, other than the one shot I took before I dug in, I hadn’t taken any pictures of the prep or even the final product really, so I made it again tonight so I could take some pictures + eat this delicious-ness (duh) and if Zach could hug each of you for it, he would! He LOVES this dinner SO much! I would definitely go as far as saying it’s his favorite! Giant pasta shells filled with chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and parmesean cheese…. YUM. So, here is is!
You will need:
1 Box Jumbo Pasta Shells (I usually end up cooking + filling 14 – 16 and having some uncooked shells left over in the box for next time)
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 OZ Cream Cheese
2 Cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken (I use Rotisserie)
1 TSP Garlic Powder
12 OZ Can Evaporated Milk
10.5 OZ Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil and drain your pasta shells. After draining, rinse with cool water. This will cool the shells off enough for you to hold them to fill them, without burning your hand. Set shells aside.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley and salt + pepper (to taste). Mix well.
- Pour cream of chicken soup into medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Slowly stir in the whole can of evaporated milk. Wisk until completely combined. Stir often to keep the mixture from burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cream cheese to the soup mixture in the sauce pan and stir over medium heat until totally melted. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Melt completely.
- Fill the pasta shells with chicken mixture and place in non greased 9 X 13 casserole dish. I use a glass dish.
- Top shells with sauce mixture and then sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake until bubbly. Usually, this takes about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
I almost always serve this with cheesy bread sticks (yes – ALL the carbs) and steamed broccoli! Sometimes I add the broccoli into the chicken mixture before filling the shells. Yummy both ways but on the side is my fave!
Hope you enjoy!!