Hey girl, hey! Happy Sunday! Hope your weekend treated you well! Are you ready for Monday? If not, get ready because it’s coming! I plan to spend the majority of tomorrow doing yard work, planting the flowers I bought at Lowe’s today and getting a little more Spring cleaning done. I have officially packed up my winter clothes and now would typically be the time I pull out all of my Spring and Summer stuff BUT unfortunately for me, not one piece from last year’s wardrobe fit’s me anymore. Just to put this out there, real quick – since it’s WAY off of this post’s topic but kind of on topic right this second… I know that a lot of you have noticed my drastic weight loss and I have actually had quite a few people reach out to me for “weight loss tips and tricks”, lately. It doesn’t bother me one bit when people ask me for those kind’s of things. I truly do take those questions as complements. But, i’m sorry to say, I do not have any tips or tricks. My weight loss completely stems from illness and it’s been, well, a journey to say the least. I do plan to touch on that within the next few months but for now, back to what this post is supposed to be about! Girl, stay on topic. Dang. Anyways, I do NOT have any warm weather clothes that fit me and I need to go shopping. Serious shopping. I have NO shorts. Not one pair. This is an obvious (first world) problem.
Three or four months ago, I started looking into Spring / Summer 2018 trends and GIRL, I was so excited to see that so many colors, patterns and even textures that I already loved and didn’t have to “learn to love”, made the “list”. I have gathered it all, the stuff I love and the stuff I don’t, to share with you. Grab a snack, grab a drink, grab your phone, open your notes and get this all down. By the end of the summer, you’ll be glad you did. Here we go!
Trending Colors :
1. Top Left, Color # 1 = Gold, Golden Yellow, Yellow – Orange, Mustard, whatever you want to call it, it’s my new fave. Works so well on practically every skin tone!
2. Top Right, Color # 2 = Violet, Lavender, Purple is totally back in and I don’t see it going anywhere any time soon! I’m not complaining about it!
3. Bottom Left, Color # 3 = Blue Grey, Concrete, Dusty Blue, also not upset that this color is currently poppin’. It has been one of my favorite colors for a few years now.
4. Bottom Right, Color # 4 = Fuchsia, Hot Pink, OMG CHLOE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, NO ONE LIKES THAT COLOR. Bare with me. It’s coming around and I know it. Was my favorite color in 2005. Could be my favorite color again. We’ll see.
Trending Patterns and Textures :
- I do not own any of the above pictures. I found them on Pinterest and when clicked, they did not lead to any link.
1. Top Left = Super obvious one, FLORAL’S. And thanks goodness because I have been loving them for so long.
2. Top Right = Denim! Ripped denim, frayed denim, flare denim, stonewashed denim, embroidered denim (mixing two trends here). All things denim.
3. Middle Left = Floral Embroidery. I feel like this is also an obvious trend. I also feel like there’s almost TOO MUCH floral embroidery going on. Haven’t decided yet. I don’t hate it.
4. Middle Right = Sequin Detail. Tulle Detail. Both are things I enjoy. Also trending, adding fabric extension on jeans. As pictured.
5. Bottom Left = STRIPES. Wow, stripes are in and I also LOVE this. So many people would disagree but personally, I think ALL stripes are flattering on all people. They are also super timeless. I have always worn stripes and will 100 % be a granny rocking stripes, 50 years from now.
6. Bottom Right = Grey IS also in but here, I am pointing out the linen fabric. This is a super, “beachy trend” more fitted for Summer, in my opinion, and I will SO be wearing more of it in the summer, it’s just going to take me a little while to get used to it. I like really soft things. Linen is hit or miss with the softness, ya know?
I hope this interested you! I really enjoyed gathering these details and thumbnails to share! If there’s another trending color, pattern or texture that you like way more than these, let me know! I would love to try it out!
Also, I want to get rid of all of these 2017 clothes I have that no longer fit me. I typically take them to a “buy your stuff” store, to Goodwill or I sell them on Facebook. I have never posted on Poshmark but if enough people request that I do, I so will! Leave a comment below to let me know which way you’d like for me to sell my stuff!